Tuesday, February 10, 2009

TGS - Are People Buying?


I am sitting here at the RiverPark Inn on a stormy day in Tucson - the high today is expected to be a chilly 51 degrees. But I just ordered a coffee from my favorite bartender and it is nice in the lobby by the fire! :)

I thought I would take a minute to talk about some of the conversations I have had with vendors about the show this year.

* Attendance is down - this was especially apparent at the AGTA show - however the GJX show had business and my online buddy Robert Lowe had a cruxh of people around his goods every time I went over to see him.

* I am hearing vendor grumbling here now - even though most were saying early on that this was one of their better shows! I think it will turn around and the TGMS folks arrive in town.

* The larger wholesale shows have ended and the next one up is the show that started it all - the Tucson Gem & Mineral Show. So a whole new group of people should be arriving in town.

* One thing I noticed on the AGTA show floor was that while the crowds were smaller, most were buying!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails