Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Giant Tanzanite to be Displayed at Tucson Gem Show


The largest tanzanite ever discovered has been cut and polished and will be on display at AGTA GemFair Tucson.

The unusually large piece of rough was uncovered at the TanzaniteOne mining facility in Meralani, Tanzania, in early 2008. Rare Multicolor Gems, at its cutting facilities in Jaipur, India, shaped the 525.55-ct. stone “to reflect maximum brilliance, while keeping its incredible size and unique color,” the Tanzanite Foundation said in a statement.

Plans are being made to send the gem to the American Gem Trade Association for grading and certification according to the Tanzanite Foundation’s Tanzanite Quality Scale.

The gem will be on display at the Tucson Gemfair at GJX Booth #824-924, Feb. 4 – 9.

8 comments:

Jonara Blu Maui said...

oooh..can I hold it? Can you imagine stumbling on something like that? wow!

MamaCta! said...

Wow, that is gorgeous. Wish I could sneak over to Tucson and see it for myself.

Tarun Adlakha said...

very informative blog...but there is so much more to Tucson and so easy to miss most of it because of the spread...
If you are into agates, you cannot miss our displays...which have over the years been rated the best in the world...If I had your id, could have sent you some mindblowing images...

Anonymous said...

Robin, I'm so envious. I suspect if I ever were able to go, I'd be so overwhelmed -- it would be like being star struck! Plus, my budget would NEVER take it. The classes are always fabulous, but shopping--OMG!
Teri Twitter: Teri_B
http://www.sandtcreations.com/wordpress
http://sandtcreations.etsy.com

AFlyOnTheWall said...

Tarun - feel free to email your info - I have friends who sell Agates and will be writing about them.

Go to my profile and there is a link under the photo to send a message to me...feel free!

Robyn Hawk
AKA A Fly On The Wall

Tarun Adlakha said...

Well, we can be found at the " gallery Of Artists" , St. Augustine Room, Inn Suites ....This is the ballroom up on stairs just in front of the Inn suites reception area and my business is listed as Indus Valley Commerce. We also have a website www.indus-valley.in though its not been updated in a while but it still gives a good idea. If I had your mail id, I could also mail you some pictures....

AFlyOnTheWall said...

Tarun - I have added my email address to my profile - feel free to send a couple photos and I will add your info to the agates page.

Robyn Hawk

Anonymous said...

what would you expect to pay for a four c deep blue/purple oval tanzanite

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails