Just received the following from Bryan:
The time has finally come. The 2013 edition of What's Hot In Tucson is now shipping!!!!
It's been a long road to get this DVD out the door - full of fun activities like moving BlueCap Productions to Hawaii - but we're proud to say it's finally finished - and not a moment too soon.
This two-DVD program is full of the great interviews and specimens that you've come to expect. We filmed 44 segments over five different shows during our three week stay in Tucson and put it all together for you in this four-hour mineral marathon.
Many of these segments are interviews with some of today'stop mineral dealers who bring the hottest new mineral finds to Tucson every year. And beyond just showing us their specimens on display, these dealers close their doors and share their bathroom rocks with us - those are the rocks that are hidden away for only their elite customers.
In fact, some of the specimens we film are so sensitive that we have to get approval from the dealers to show them on the DVD - even after we've filmed them.
This guarantees that you, our loyal viewers, really are getting to see the hottest and newest minerals brought to Tucson every year.
And as if that weren't enough (and by gosh shouldn't it be?) we've also included in the 2013 edition:
- Jeff Scovil's Top Ten Tucson Photos for 2013
- An exclusive interview with The Westward Look Mineral Show's Featured Collector - Kevin Brown - as he talks about his fantastic collection that was on display
- A special segment on one of the most significant changes to the mineral world in ages - The Heritage Auction - where we feature mineral prices for the first time in What's Hot history
- Many of the wonderful TGMS cases showing off the variety of the world's fluorites - the 2013 show theme
- An in-depth look at the greatest change in mineral cases the hobby has ever seen
- AND - a surprise ending that has the mineral world in stitches
This is a What's Hot In Tucson that you do not want to miss. We're taking orders NOW and have already begun shipping.
So a big Mahalo (Hawaiian for "thank you") to all of you for being so patient for our first official BlueCap Productions DVD to come out of our new production office.
Enjoy the show and keep checking back for more exciting programs.